Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Typical Housewife Weekend


I never got the memo that once you become a Housewife your social calendar books up…that or it is just the holiday season and everyone wants to party like it is 1999…probs the latter because let’s face it, I am just not that important…I digress.

Friday night was the legendary party I wrote about last Friday. The setting was incredible, the people were very smart and interesting*, and the housewives were vicious…welcome to the shark-pen I guess. I counteracted the snarky HW* comments by drinking expensive wine…buckets of the stuff...whilst staring in my own personal karaoke show singing along with the host of the party (adore him and his wife…who was so nice) to awesome 60’s and 70’s rock. So good…and surprisingly instead of being mortified Xtian joined along.

Saturday morning was brunch at Town's End followed by my PBDing** on the couch while watching Clueless so that I could recharge batteries for the night ahead. Saturday night, Xtian and I headed out to another legendary party of epic proportions. That’s right: D’s Family’s Christmas party in all of its 80’s theme glory. Going in full Secrets of my Succe$s mode, Xtian dressed up as Brantley Foster/Carlton Whitfield and I dressed as Vera Prescott…of course. The outfits were hilar, the food was delish, and the alcohol was free flowing. Thankfully I was driving that night because, based on Xtian’s PBD the next day, I would still be in recovery mode.

Sunday, my two BFFs Vicki B and Pistol came over to have our annual Christmas dinner were we each pick a complicated gourmet dish…and then we make it ourselves. Given the rain nonsense that was SF that day we decided to instead Waiters-on-Wheels it and watch Gems TV nonstop so that we could learn as much as possible about gemstones…hey we all have our thing right?!?!

The end result of such an exciting weekend for me has been an excruciating headache and probs a 20 lbs weight gain. The party continues this weekend with my employee only holiday party followed by a late dinner at Gary Danko on Friday night and perhaps some Bubble Lounge action on Saturday. Yes, it does suck to be me.

This post is dedicated to Aleve

*Housewife
** PBD is a trademarked by Shallow and Very Single, Inc.

4 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Um, hello...why did you not inform me that you were blogging again? Now I must sit here at work and read ALL of your current posts so that I can catch up. =)

The Alleged Ringleader said...

I like it, all of it!
I'm glad you took the biatchy HW comments in stride and just drank all their pricey booze.

In bonus news, you didn't make a food of yourself and it sounds like the hosts will invite you back!

d said...

God. I want to kill myself. I'm glad we left the company party early. It could have been a DISASTER had I stayed longer and cornered CW.

What are you doing today? G and I are going to Town's End and then shopping downtown. xo

it's not a gravy train said...

Val - Yay, so glad you are on here reading (not very entertaining but hey at least I try)

Ringleader – Well my years in a sorority prepped me to handle a lifetime of snarky natches…it was like mean girls in training (all while maintaining the perfect appearance and smile of course)

D - OMG, I should have checked this earlier. I heart Town's End and shopping. I ended up forcing Paris and Xtian get mani pedis with me whilst I discussed how we soooo needed to go to the Britney concert. Not the same as hanging with the gals unfortch as the boys did not seem amused ha ha.

As for CW, he was the one trying to peep you all night so maybe we should have stayed...though he is a man whore.